Hey there makeup addicts!
If you are as obsessed with eyeshadows and matte stuff lately as myself, then you are probably familiar with the much raved eyeshadow palette by Kat Von D, Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette, that came out early last month! For those who have many questions about this palette or are indecisive on whether or not you should get it – I hope this review helps you! Comment below if you have any questions.
- Regular cardboard box packaging
- The palette:
- Almost the exact same packaging as the Shade + Light Contour Palette with the slight difference – face contour palette has a silver outline around the name, and eye contour palette has a gold outline with the word “eye”.
- Includes a large mirror
I absolutely love how Kat Von D included a pamphlet talking about the various techniques in applying these shadows on your eye and how to change eye shapes. This is a bonus because you can actually take these simple techniques to apply eye makeup using other eyeshadow palettes in general.
- Extremely detailed guidelines that educate users on how to use this palette
- Shows where each shade is placed on the eye
- Displays which shades are neutral, cool and warm tones
- Discusses how to achieve natural and smoky looks, as well as show how to narrow, widen, define, lift and balance eyes
- Total of 12 unique matte shades – most are neutral
- Very pigmented
- Soft, creamy consistency
- Long lasting
Shades are classified into 3 quads: Neutral, cool, and warm
- With the help of the pamphlet, it makes it perfect for anyone with any level of makeup skills
- You can create a lot of different looks, from everyday looks to dramatic looks
- Blends easily
- It’s very versatile for any skin tone – so no one feels left out!
- When I picked it up, the retail price in store was $46 – less than $4 per shade!
- You can even use some of these on your brows – so it acts both as an eyeshadow and brow definer!
- A little falls out when applying the eye shadow, but that’s bound to happen with creamy shadows (an eyeshadow primer might help solve that problem!)
- Does not come with a brush
- The brush picks up a lot of product – so don’t forget to give the brush a gentle tap before using it!
Overall, is it worth it?!
Absolutely! Kat Von D has created a palette that is built for everyone and with her brilliant idea of including a pamphlet – it makes it suitable for people with various levels of makeup experiences to use this palette. With the very unique range of colours – it’s also extremely versatile for people of all different skin tones.
Hope this was helpful!
Xo! – S