Matte has made a come back! This beauty style was really popular during the years 1993-2000. But hey, we all know, fashion and beauty is all about the recycling of old trends.
Recently, I’ve been a huge fan of matte cosmetic products – especially lipsticks and eyeshadows! I love matte products because they look natural and are perfect for everyday looks.
One of my personal favourite everyday makeup looks I have worn these past weeks is matte lipstick and eyeshadows. I’m a full on neutral kind of girl when it comes to eye makeup. It’s so versatile with literally everything you wear and everywhere you go, and matte shadows have definitely been my go to.
I also like to incorporate a pop of colour with my plain, neutral makeup look using a bold coloured lipstick. I am in love with matte lipsticks because they are super pigmented, long lasting, and less likely to smudge or smear! There is a little drawback to wearing matte lipsticks. They are drying, so you would need to moisturize your lips before applying the lipstick to solve this problem. Also, because the lipsticks are drying, they do tend to settle into the lines on your lips. So exfoliating your lips is a must! But other than that, they are amazing!
I try not to wear matte lipsticks everyday, because they can really dry out your lips. So I try to switch it up once in awhile with other lipsticks, lip glosses, or plain old Vaseline!
Matte is definitely something one may hate or love. It’s honestly a love-hate affair and not everyone loves it.
It is perfect for you if you are looking for something that is:
- Long lasting
- Really pigmented in colour
Some of my favourite matte products are:
- Mega Last Lip Color by Wet N’ Wild (Retail price: ~ $3 CAD)
- Matte Lipstick by NYX (Retail price: $6 CAD)
- Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX (Retail price: $6 CAD)
- The Matte Lip by MAC (Retail price: $19 CAD)
- Everlasting Liquid Lipstick by Kat Von D (Retail price: $24 CAD)
- Velvet Matte Lip Pencil by NARS (Retail price: $31 CAD)
- Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette by Kat Von D (Retail price: $55 CAD)