I have been really into face care products lately and decided to give face mask sheets a try. So recently, I tried a few different face mask sheets by a Korean brand, Tony Moly. This is the, “I’m Real Lemon Mask Sheet (Brightening)”.
Retail price: $4 each or $20 for 10 face masks.
Lemon Face Mask Sheet (Brightening):
- As the mask mentions, it’s meant to brighten your face
- The mask is really soaked in essence and has a really strong, yet pleasant smell of lemon
- Formulated with natural ingredients
- Does not contain parabens, talc, benzophenone, triethanol, and tar colouring
After 30 min. of application:
- Feels really refreshing after application – leaving it tightened and hydrated!
- Like most masks, you will start to notice your skin brighten after using it a few times
I did notice this face mask start to break out on me the first time I used it, but the break outs do disappear after a day or so. So I definitely would recommend using it when you aren’t planning on heading out anywhere fancy anytime soon.
This mask does contain lemon extract, something that is popularly used for acne treatment, so perhaps that’s why the breakouts occurred in the first place. Usually when you do an acne treatment, the first few times, you will get lots of acne surface on your skin. These are normally the acne that’s been “hiding” under your skin. Then they gradually disappear after maintaining your routine with acne treatment. So I’m assuming that’s what happened.
This mask is perfect for those who have oily skin, as this skin does leave it hydrated but it doesn’t add too much moisture to the point where it feels oily. It’s really light!
Let me know in the comments if you would like me to do the reviews and discuss what I thought about other Tony Moly face mask sheets! 🙂
Xo! – S